The Shirlie theme is a 3rd party Genesis Framework Theme created for feminine bloggers in the eCommerce industry. What an amazing design, just on the homepage alone. You get a sticky menu bar with your social media follow links in it and a pop-up search bar. Under the navigation bar is a huge widget, that is your responsive slider widget. Right in the middle of this widget you can add content and link it to anywhere on the blog. Check out the demo to see what I am referring to.
There are several more homepage widgets to give this theme that “wow” factor. Create a call to action box easily and a portfolio page. Did I mention that you also have a Shop option with this theme?
Let’s look at the Shirlie theme features:
Shirlie Theme Features
- Instructions detailed and easy on how to install the template.
- Demo content for easy configuration with posts, pages, photos…
- 3 promo boxes, Image profile frame, “Pin it” button (PSD and png format).
- Completely Mobile-Ready Design
- Front Page Template with widgetized areas.
- Lots of styling options: custom colors, more than 30 Google Fonts, background an header logo.
- Full width or 2/3´s Responsive Slider for post, portfolio or single pictures.
- Woocommerce ready (eCommerce).
- Filterable portfolio for displaying your work.
- Possibility to use the blog format instead of widgetized home page.
- 6-page layouts.
- 2 footers available.
- 1, 2 or 3 menus (top static)
- Widget area below post entries for subscription, text, ads…
- MailChimp newsletter plugin compatible.
- Extras: Call to action boxes, gallery responsive and pricing table.
- SEO optimized.
- HTML5 Markup.
Here is a peak of the blog page I was talking about earlier.
Here is a look at the footer section which is very good looking.
Please keep in mind that you will need to have the Genesis Framework already installed on your blog. The cost of the framework is $59.95. This will get you a lifetime membership and free updates for the framework, which is an awesome deal.
If you are a developer, you know you can customize these themes on your own for your clients and add more money to your packaged deals. The Pro Plus StudioPress package is perfect for professional bloggers and developers. Check out the details below.
Need More Convincing?
There are thousands of plugins online to install on your blog but installing all of them is not a feasible thing to do. One thing is for sure is that you need to have a good web host or your blogging career won’t be very successful. Being on the Genesis Framework means there are custom plugins created especially for our community. Have a look at our mega list of Genesis Framework Plugins page to see which ones catch your interest.
If you are new to this whole blogging thing or looking for a little more knowledge? Take a look at our blog post on How To Start A WordPress Blog on the Genesis Framework.
Additional SEO Optimized Child Themes
To find more beautifully designed Themes that run off a different framework, have a look at Tesla Themes. Their themes come with a clean design, powerful features, and free premium support which is most important. Schema Integration included with all themes. Visit Tesla themes to learn more. There “Standard Package” is the best value.
- Recommended SEO Guide: How To Set Up The Yoast Premium SEO Plugin
- Recommended SEO Guide: The WP Meta SEO Plugin: An Alternative SEO Plugin
Don’t know how to install a Genesis Framework theme? See our guide on How To Install A Genesis Framework Theme for a step by step guide. You do get a “Theme Settings” page in your admin dashboard with the Genesis Framework installed. The number of settings depends on the theme installed.
Submit your reviews of this theme below or share your customized Shirlie Theme blog in the comment section.
Please share this blog post with your friends who are in search of a theme.