After you installing WordPress, the next thing to do right away is install essential plugins that will help your blog in so many ways. Stay protected, increase user experience, and most of all add cool features. There are thousands of plugins to look at in the WordPress code index but only a few made the cut on WPOutcast. I will be sharing all the WordPress plugins that are powering WPoutcast to success.
The plugins below can be used for blogs running off any WordPress Framework or no framework at all. You can find some excellent plugins for a reasonable price over at Envato Marketplace. I have one of the plugins installed on this blog and have bought three more that I may incorporate into this blog later on down the road.
Most Recent Plugins Used By WPOutcast
- AMP – Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) on your WordPress site (What is AMP?)
- Author hReview – Shows star rating on blog posts in the search results. (Set Up Guide)
- Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP – Use if have Yoast SEO + install other AMP plugin mentioned above. Yoast in the future will add AMP as a built-in feature, this temp fix till then.
- Schema – Very important for SEO
- Schema Removal – Removes Genesis Framework Schema for a better version of Schema the previous plugin mentioned. Read our Schema blog post on how we did this.
- Restore Image Title – Gives the ability to add the correct “alt” tags to images.
- Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin – See Also: How To Set Up The Yoast Premium SEO Plugin
Email Subscription Pop Up Box
- Bloom – A popular subscriber plugin. Do read The Ultimate Email Opt-In Plugin – Bloom tutorial. We are using MailChimp for our autoresponder service and RSS feed.
- Icegram – Popups, Optins, CTAs & lot more – Look at the top hello bar, plus I have 2 other options enabled, this is free
Tracking Traffic Stats
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – Plugin has so many good features. See our tutorial on: What JetPack Modules To Enable?
Security & Comment Spam Protection
- Akismet – helps blocks lots of spam comments but not everyone. Here is a tutorial on setting up the Akismet plugin
- iThemes Security – Very good security plugin even for the free version that we are using
Sharing Code In Posts & Pages
Caching & Optimize Plugins
- Comet Cache Plugin – A complicated plugin to set up, I asked my web host for the recommended settings. This is a tip for you.
- Scripts To Footer – Helps improve GTMetrix/Google Pagespeed score
Back To Top Button
- jQuery Smooth Scroll – Scroll further down this page, look in bottom right-hand side for a back to top button. (5 more plugins)
- Smart Cleanup Tools – This plugin deletes spam comments, revisions, and other junk in the trunk. Helps increase hosting diskspace and a little with speed. (My Review)
- Database Cleaner – This is the ultimate plugin to deep clean your database. I use this on Clients blogs. (My Review)
Image Compression Optimization
- Short Pixel – A must have if you upload images, paid version is worth every last cent. Read our guide on how to How To Optimize Images with this plugin
- NIX Gravatar Cache – Plugin works well with blogs that get a lot of comments. (How to add a gravatar Tutorial)
Plugins For Mult-Author Blogs
- Edit Flow – This is the perfect plugin if you hire editors. Check out the plugins features.
- User Members Access – If you have certain editors on your blog in charge of certain things, why not use this plugin and create new user group titles and assign permissions to be able to access to do certain things. (My Review)
SSL Plugins (HTTPS)
Social Media Sharing Plugins
- Revive Pro – A premium plugin for automatically sharing old content to your social media accounts. Check out our Revive tutorial.
- Social Warfare – An alternative plugin to Monarch but with lot more important features for any type of blogger. Visit our tutorial on the Social Warfare to get a glimpse of it.
The plugins listed above may be changed in the future. You don’t have to use all of them but put some serious thought into investigating all of them and the benefits that your blog will receive. I purposely left out the Genesis plugins as they only work perfectly on themes using the Genesis Framework.
If this list of WPOutcasts plugins has helped your blog in any way, please consider sharing it online with your social media followers to help them as well.