The Monstera theme is a 3rd party Genesis Framework Theme created for any online business who sells some type of product or service. You can skip setting up the eCommerce portion of the blog if you just want the blog and have no need to run a shop. Images are shown all over the place with this theme if you use the homepage widgets, so touch up on pictures before uploading them. On the homepage, there is a sticky menu bar with the ability to add social media follow buttons. Under this sticky menu bar are your logo and a secondary navigation bar.
You may have to refer to the theme’s documentation to set up the homepage widgets; I highly recommend setting these widgets up because they are what gives this theme a premium feel. You can add a gallery in the footer of this theme and it will be displayed on all pages of the blog. Don’t forget this theme has the capability of being a shop.
Below are the Monstera theme main features:
- Fully responsive design
- Unique blog design with multiple layout options
- Two different blog sliders for featured posts to choose from: full-width header slide or multi-slide
- Infinite scroll integration for blog and archive pages so your readers can keep on reading
- Back to top button so they can quickly get back to where they started
- Separate home page builder so you can create a landing page that converts
- Primary and secondary navigation menus, including a sticky nav – use one or both
- Minimalist sidebar layout with lots of possibilities, plus a full-width layout
- WooCommerce compatibility
- Live theme customizer
- Lots of styling options
- Optional logo
- Widgetized footer area with multiple layout options
- Full-width Instagram footer widget
- Mailing list integration for MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact etc.
- Simple installation
- One-click automatic theme updates via the WordPress dashboard
Here is a peak of the shop page.
Here is a look at the blog post area. Notice the 2 widgets above the first blog post. Perfect for displaying important pages.
Please keep in mind that you will need to have the Genesis Framework already installed on your blog. The cost of the framework is $59.95. This will get you a lifetime membership and free updates for the framework, which is an awesome deal.
If you are a developer, you know you can customize these themes on your own for your clients and add more money to your packaged deals. The Pro Plus StudioPress package is perfect for professional bloggers and developers. Check out the details below.
Need More Convincing?
There are thousands of plugins online to install on your blog, but installing all of them is impossible. One thing is for sure, you need to have a good web host or your blogging career won’t be very successful. Being on the Genesis Framework means there are custom plugins created especially for your community. Have a look at our mega list of Genesis Framework Plugins page to see which ones catch your interest.
If you are new to this whole blogging thing or looking for a little more knowledge? Take a look at our blog post on How To Start A WordPress Blog on the Genesis Framework.
Additional SEO Optimized Child Themes
To find more beautifully designed Themes that run off a different framework, have a look at Tesla Themes. Their themes come with a clean design, powerful features, and free premium support which is most important. Schema Integration included with all themes. Visit Tesla themes to learn more. There “Standard Package” is the best value.
- Recommended SEO Guide: How To Set Up The Yoast Premium SEO Plugin
- Recommended SEO Guide: The WP Meta SEO Plugin: An Alternative SEO Plugin
Don’t know how to install a Genesis Framework theme? See our guide on How To Install A Genesis Framework Theme for a step by step guide. You do get a “Theme Settings” page in your admin dashboard with the Genesis Framework installed. The number of settings depends on the theme installed.
Submit your reviews of this theme below or share your customized Monstera Theme blog in the comment section.
Please share this blog post with your friends who are in search of a theme.