When it comes to adding some style to your blog’s homepage, one plugin always comes to mind; the slider plugin. Depending on the plugin used, you can do a lot more than just linking pictures to posts and pages. The following slider plugins come with extra features that will surely improve your blog and help bring traffic to those important pages.
My favorite slider plugins have a built in text box over the image, drawing even more attention to the clickable link. Check out the slider plugins below and see if you’d like to take one for a test drive!
1. Responsive Slider
The Responsive Slider
plugin works well on mobile phones. I guess you figured that out by the title of the plugin.
- Fully Responsive and Mobile-Friendly Slider
- Responsive Slider owns 7 Slider Effects
- Upload Unlimited Images into responsive slider
- Name Your Slides
- Image size
- Autoplay Options
- Add Title Style
- Create Description Style
- Advanced Drag and Drop Options
- Custom Element
- Responsive Slider Custom Element Text
- Custom Element Button
- Custom Element Image
- Slider Arrows
- Slider Thumbnails
- How to demonstrate Responsive Slider Thumbnails
- Show Bullets in Responsive Slider
- Bullets background color
- Bullet’s position, orientation and Inline Space
- Slide On/Off
- Advanced Slider Shortcode
- Preview Feature
This plugin comes with a ton of features and is the ultimate slider plugin. This isn’t the only plugin so please look into the others before you decide to test one out.The Responsive Slider comes with detailed instructions so you’re not left in the dark after the download.
2. Slider Side Show
With the Slider Side Show
plugin, you can create slide shows in a matter of minutes.
Here are the key features.
- Visual Slider builder
- Drag & Drop slider builder
- Slider Preview
- Support Layers on slides of slider
- Supports Layers of multiple media types
- Shortcode supported slider
- Responsive Image Slider
- Supports Custom width slider
- Supports Responsive width slider
- SEO Friendly slider
- Animation effects for slider
- Navigation Buttons for slider navigation
- Navigation Bullets / Dots for slider navigation
- Slider slides order
- Set different slide animation for each slide in slider
Slider Side Show is an all around good plugin with some limitations. There is a pro version of this plugin that comes with more features, however, I would suggest sticking to the free version.
plugin has just over 50,000 installs and is a great plugin to install. Just look at all these features provided.
- Possibility of adding unlimited sliders and unlimited slides for each slider
- Three options for adding images (from Media Library, by Slider WD Media Upload option or by using image URL)
- Full-width slider support
- 5 transition effects for sliders
- Shortcode for easy insert of the slider into post/pages
- Possibility of changing the slide orders (using drag and drop feature)
- Possibility to provide titles for the slides
- Support for music playback (one track for entire slider)
- Time setting feature for the effect changes
- Right-click protection for avoiding slider image download
- Slider image changing possibility using bullets
- Possibility to change design for the bullets, navigation buttons
- Timer bar
- Support for watermarks
- Design customization for almost all features
- Custom CSS support for adding additional styling features to the slider
- Possibility to use Slider WD Media Upload for uploading multiple images at once
- Text and image watermarking possibility
- Option of opening the slider-related link within the same page
- Slide duplication
- Fixed background slider
The pro version comes with more features, but again I would suggest sticking to the free one. Do visit the Slider plugin homepage to learn more.
4. Slider by Supsystic
The Slider by Supsystic
plugin is an up and coming plugin that is featured rich and easy to set up. Below are the features provided.
- Responsive image slider
- Stunning slideshow themes
- Easy to use slider builder interface
- Add Slider with Shortcode
- Set image captions and links
- Content Slider
- Thumbnails Slider
Give the Slider by Supsystic a try to see if it suits your needs.
5. Ultimate Responsive Image Slider
The Ultimate Responsive Image Slider
is a new plugin quickly gaining popularity. There is a pro version, however, the free version comes with all the features you need.
- Fully Responsive Slider Plugin
- Multiple Image Uploader
- Add Unlimited Image Slides Into Single Slider
- Show Multiple Sliders Into Single Page / Post
- Image Slider Setting Dashboard
- Enable/Disable Slider Title
- Enable/Disable Slide Description
- Enable/Disable Navigation Bullets
- Enable/Disable Slide Thumbnails
- Customize Thumbnail Position (New)
- Customize Thumbnail Width And Height (New)
- Auto Height Option (New)
- Label And Description Colour Settings (New)
- Added Font Style (New)
- Customize Slider Distance (New)
- Slider Order – Ascending , Descending and random (New)
- All Major & Latest Browser Compatible (IE, Chrome, Firefox)
- All Major Device Support
- Multilingual Translation Ready
- Drag And Drop Image Position
Visit the Plugins page to see screenshots or download it.
Over To You
Are you using any of the listed plugins? If so, please share a review of that plugin. I would love to see one of these plugins live on your blog. Now is the time to show off and I will certainly give some tips for you.
Looking for even more plugins? Check out our plugins page to make your blog shine!
If you found this blog post helpful, please consider sharing it online with your followers.