Creating and running a forum can be an overwhelming task. The amount of time and effort required in this kind of work is a lot handle, especially if you have other full-time engagements. If you’re looking for that one on one sensation of helping others in your field, starting a Q&A like forum might be the thing for you!
This is also a great option for businesses owners, as it allows you to have that conversation with your client, and then the answers question stays published for everyone else to see. Let’s take a look at the free CM Answers plugin for WordPress. This plugin takes about five minutes to set up, and then the forum is ready to be used!
- Suggested Tutorial: Optimizing Comments And Guest Posts For Your Blog
This Q&A plugin is free with a paid upgrade option to have more features. For the sake of this blog post, here is the free version that I set up on a test blog. Let’s get to the plugins features.
Q &A Features
- Includes a views count
- Includes an answers count
- Administrators can moderate question & answers and can receive email notifications.
- Users can receive notifications when answering a question pending follow-up.
- Sorting options in the question and answer pages.
- Template can be easily customized according to users requirements.
Notable Reasons To Use
- Forum – Puts a lightweight and easy to use Discussion Forum on your WordPress site or blog.
- Support Forum – Supports your users while allowing them to vote and answer existing topics that you moderate.
- Community – Adds a discussion forum to your site that allows your members to start their own conversations and ask questions.
- Questions & Answers – Users can answer questions sent in by other users.
- Customer Support – Support for retail customer’s questions.
- StackOverflow – Adds a StackOverflow style forum to your site.
- Paid Support – Charge users for posted questions & answers.
- Anonymous Posting – Support anonymous posting with additional add-ons.
The premium features for the CM Answers plugin is a longer list and actually might be worth the small investment if you are serious about creating an outstanding Q&A forum. On my test blog, the free version is installed and set up. Here are some screen shots!
It might be a good idea to watch the video that is on this page before continuing.
Customize the notifications:
Do take a small amount of time to watch this video.
Visit the CM Answers homepage to learn more about this plugin and the Q&A “Pro” version. I’m not satisfied with this free version as the features in the pro version can do so much more.
- You might be interested in: Create Any Niche Web Directory For Free
Are you currently using this plugin? Let me know what you think about this plugin or if it has helped your blog/business in any way!
If this blog post was helpful in any way, please consider sharing it online with your followers.