A member asked me on a forum I moderate, “Where can I find a free twitter automation plugin?“. That’s a very good question to ask and I’ll provide some free options that I use myself. If you don’t have someone who constantly updates your social media, then it can be a daunting task to get your brand out there. There are plugins that will help serve as a personal social media employee on auto-pilot.
- Do not try these: 5 Way’s To Fail At Blogging
What I am talking about is sharing content to your feed while you not online. As a matter of fact, I have a plugin that automates my social sharing and I’ll mention it below. I get a lot of traffic from social media and I plan on improving this as I know it’s worth it in the long run. Below are some free plugins (some have upgrades for premium features) that you should consider at some point in time. (How To Install A Plugin)
Without further ado:
Free Twitter (Social Media) Auto Sharing Plugins
The Revive Old Post plugin is what we are using on WPOutcast right now for our automated social media employee. This is a free plugin with limited features but still a good plugin to use that will automate sending content to your LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumbler and Facebook profile feeds. Here are the features for the free version.
- Share new and old posts.
- Choose the time between posts.
- Choose the number of posts to share.
- Use hashtags to focus on topics.
- Include links back to your site.
- Exclude categories
- Exclude specific posts.
- Integrated with Google Analytics.
- Compatible with URL Shorteners.
- WP to Twitter
With the pro version, when the plugin shares your to your twitter feed on autopilot, the feature images are included. Check out my walk-through of the premium version. (Worth every penny so far)
This plugin I have not tested yet but it looks like the WP to Twitter; it works in a similar way as the previous one mentioned but only for Twitter and no other social media outlet. The free version has limited features that really don’t get my attention but the pro version does. I’m not sure it’s worth the investment for the pro version but if you do try the pro version, let me know your review. I’d love the share that review in this blog post and give you full credit and a backlink. Must show proof you are testing it. Here some features of the free version.
- Display your Recent Tweets: Widget for your recent Tweets. Fetch Tweets from your own or any other account.
- Display Tweets based on a search: Display the Tweets resulting from a search and limit by Geolocation.
- Shorten URLs in your Tweets with popular URL shorteners, or let Twitter do it with t.co.
A video walk-through of this plugin:
Visit the plugin homepage get all the details and the download link.
The Social Media Auto Post & Scheduler is what it says it is and a great tool to use. I am using this on a semi-active blog and I am not getting the full force of the plugin because I am not actively publishing content on that blog or building up followers. Don’t do what I am doing on this other blog, it’s not making me hardly any money. Back to the plugin… Good news is that the Supported languages are English, German and French which makes this a plugin for millions of bloggers to use in their native language. Here are the features that made me try this one out recently.
- Blog2Social posts to profiles, business pages, community pages and groups of your connected social networks. Optionally, customize posts for each network with individual comments, #hashtags, tags or @handles – all in one easy step and auto-post with one click only.
- Share new posts or re-share old posts. Post entire blog posts or individually formatted excerpts and comments with selected images and backlinks to your blog.
- Corporate Blogs and Multi-Author Blogs: Create multiple sets of social network profiles, pages, and groups for each user and different sharing purposes.
- Drive more traffic to your blog by cross-posting and promoting your blog posts on all of your social media network accounts faster and easier than ever.
Besides twitter, this plugin supports a few other social networks. Check out this video for a live preview of this plugin.
Take this plugin out for a test spin. Let me know your thoughts on this one.
Believe it or not, the famous JetPack Plugin has an automatic sharing feature. Although it does not schedule older blog posts to be shared on autopilot. It’s another free plugin to consider.
The Tweet Wheel plugin is another scheduling plugin that has some great features to it. It’s a light weight plugin which is a plus. I actually like the pro version more as it has features that I would certainly want to use. Do try the free version and see if you like the plugin enough to invest money into the pro version.
NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
The Social Networks Auto-Poster is more than just a plugin to share twitter posts, it can share everything with lot’s of features. Let’s just dive into some features and I’ll share screenshots from my panel.
- Message Formatting Tags
- Assign categories to each Social Network
- Tags/Categories posted as Hashtags
- Auto-import comments from Facebook as WordPress Comments
- Auto-import replies and mentions from and Twitter as WordPress Comments
- URL Shorteners: bit.ly, goo.gl, YOURLS and built in WordPress URL Shortener
- Additional URL Parameters
- Custom URLs for AutoPosts
- Export/Import Plugin settings
- See direct links to the published posts from the “Edit” page
- “Image” posts for Facebook, Google+, Vkontakte and Twitter
- Ability to “Spin” message post templates
You don’t have to upgrade to the pro version, the free one is more than enough for you to handle.
Visit the Social Networks Auto-Poster plugin page to read all of the details. I like this plugins free features and just had to mention it on the blog.
You can automate your social sharing but that does not mean you don’t have to visit your profile feeds, some interaction with your fans will give the impression you are not actually automating the sharing and that you are very active in the social world.
- Next Up To Read: Free WordPress Backup Plugins – SafeGuard Your Content
Don’t forget to share this blog post with your followers if it has helped you in any way.