(Last Updated On: January 18, 2017)
You may or may not have gotten the hint already that this blog is mostly centered around Genesis Framework themes, tutorials, and other related WordPress goodies. I can tell you one thing, being a Pro Plus member, since January 2013, is one of the best decisions I ever made.
I get access to all of StudioPress’s themes for life, lifetime upgrades, rock solid support, and free help on the community forum with any of my issues or crazy ideas. If you are a developer of themes, this tutorial on What Is The StudioPress Pro Plus Package might be something that will interest you.
The following article is just a brief introduction to the Genesis Framework Settings page.
14 Reason’s To Choose The Genesis Framework
- SEO – The Genesis Framework comes with built-in SEO settings but it is recommended to install the Yoast SEO plugin. The in-house SEO settings just don’t compare. Every theme is built with SEO in mind. Do read our tutorial on How To Set Up The Yoast Premium SEO Plugin
- Recommended Developers – The StudioPress team carefully chooses certain developers, based on the quality services they provide for any type of customization. Check out the recommended developers page.
- Widgets & Layout Options – Each theme comes with different types of built-in widgets. You can mix and match your layout or get help on their community forum. The themes are easy to manipulate with code.
- Customizable & Fast – All their themes are easy to customize even for a novice blogger. I learned how to tweak my theme by experimenting. As a StudioPress customer, you get free support on their Community Forum plus free help through their email system. All you have to do is ask “how do I do this” and you’ll have the answer. I also joined their Google+ Genesis Framework Community and read posts on tweaking certain themes.
- Instant Updates – This Framework gets updated often; adding features, fixing bugs, and surprises that make it easier for developers and users to make modifications. This can save you countless hours if you customized your theme a lot.
- Airtight Security – Studiopress Adheres to WP Security so you know you have a rock solid foundation to build your child theme upon.
- Unlimited Everything – Let’s see here, you will have unlimited updates on the Genesis Framework itself, theme updates (StudioPress themes only), and unlimited support for life. All you do is pay a one-time fee to become a client.
- Responsive HTML5 Designs – The themes are HTML5-compatible and mobile-responsive. Mobile responsive means that the theme will look perfect for any mobile device without sacrificing the layout. You will not need any type of mobile plugin. Read What is HTML5 to learn about this language.
- Theme Installation – StudioPress does provide a detailed installation guide with step by step instructions to mimic the demo version. They even recommend in most case what plugins to install that are compatible with the theme. To show how easy it is to install the Framework/theme, take a look at our guide on How To Install A Genesis Framework Theme.
- StudioPress Plugins – Here is a list of the top StudioPress Plugins they recommend on their official website. WPOutcast currently is maintaining a mega list of 3rd party plugins and other Genesis Framework plugins to give you lots of options for customizing your theme.
- Theme Cost – The framework costs $59.95 plus an additional $40 for any theme (3rd party themes are a little more). If you decide to buy another one in the future, you will get a discount. To get this discount, log in to your account, search for a theme, click on that theme and you’ll notice a discounted price. If you are a Pro Plus member, StudioPress themes are free to download in your account dashboard. Additional themes are added each month. (additional $99.95 per year for Pro Plus this package).
- Niche Themes – Studiopress’s themes are niche oriented themes that can be used for any niche. The themes can be customized easily with getting free help from their official support forum. Find a theme close to your niche and get free help on their forum to customize it.
- Unlimited Installs – Buy 1 theme and install it on unlimited blogs. Pretty cool isn’t this?
- Two Tier Affiliate Program – Earn money from just promoting StudioPress themes. You earn 35% commission and 5% for the two-tier program.
Your Blogs Future Is With StudioPress
These are just my own reasons why you should choose the Genesis Framework for your blog. Their themes have endless possibilities when it comes to customizing theme. Follow the theme directions to mimic the demo version. Remember, you get free coding support on the community forum in which genesis developers hang out giving free advice.
I’m not that active on their but I lurk around a lot.
Why not give StudioPress
a chance to be your number one place to purchase themes from? Each month they add a new theme to their marketplace. Every so often, they add 3rd party Genesis Framework themes created by other web designers. StudioPress takes pride in their themes and makes sure they are perfect for their customers. They have an extensive reviewing process before a 3rd party theme is uploaded on the marketplace.
In need of a web host? Site Ground has managed WordPress hosting plans suited for just blogs to get the best performance. Do look around and read about the included features. As for WPoutcast, we used Cloudways for our Web hosting. To learn more about their services, check out this article on WPOutcast’s Experience With Cloudways WordPress Hosting.
Got A Question For Me?
Do you have any questions about StudioPress? I will give you an honest answer. If certain parts of your question can only be answered by a StudioPress staff member, I will direct you to their support ticket system and sometimes link you directly to free documentation with the answer.
Share this blog post with your friends if they are in need of a theme. Join me and become a new client today. The framework is updated often; adding features, fixing bugs, and improving the framework for theme developers to create beautiful designs.
You may also ask support questions in our very own WordPress Newbs Support & Advice Facebook Group.